Wednesday 24 February 2010

One of those February days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold

I'm not a fan of dogs but when two run so enthusiastically in a game of chase as I witnessed today it is impossible to begrudge them the simple and childlike joy of being free. I was in no doubt their bounding around, up over steps, through bushes and at one point hilariously circling round and round after each other in a flower bed, was nothing more than a fun game triggered by the sun peeking out the first time in a several months. It took some will power to not join them. Walking on I was listening to one of my new favorite podcasts, passing the free-sandwich-and-squash religious stall that has recently appeared on my walk to work when I came across nothing less than this bargain of a cocktail bar.


It's a most dazzling combination of awful design and magnificent design all rolled into one Only Fools and Horsesesque piece of furniture that everyone can live without. A fact reinforced by the £50 price tag. Except, I wanted it. It has three tiers! I'm assuming it was the burgeoning spring air filling my lungs and clouding my judgement but I managed to come away without purchasing it using only the deepest reserves of self reasoning. Well, that and my little logic angel pointing out that there was no way on earth I was going to pick it up and stroll the rest of my journey through town with it under my arm. Oh, for the endless energy of a silly dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails